Sometimes, planning that Walt Disney World vacation can be a little overwhelming. I mean, it’s no secret that there is a lot to take into consideration ~ accommodations, restaurants, tickets, FastPasses. Before you reach that brick wall of frustration, it’s a good idea to turn to friends and Disney-loving experts who can provide you some insider tips regarding the best (and worst) of everything. This includes finding the Best Resorts at Walt Disney World! In the last edition, nineteen of us shared our best planning tips. This post, we’re sharing our favorite Walt Disney World resorts and why we love them so much!! Maybe one of these “magical reasons” will inspire you to make a particular resort your next home away from home.
Best Walt Disney World Resorts ~ 19 Bloggers Chime-In!
Thanks to one of our fellow Disney friends (Allison, listed below), eighteen of my Disney-loving blogger / writer friends and I put our heads together to come up with various lists to help YOU make well-informed decisions about your vacations. Whether it’s a list of best tips, our favorite this or even our least favorite that, we’re hoping something like this brings you the pixie dust you deserve to experience on your next magical trip to Walt Disney World.
So, when it comes to planning a trip, you have to find a place to stay. Right? In this edition of our “19 Bloggers Chime-In,” we share our favorite Walt Disney World Resorts. As you browse through the list, there is a clear leader, for sure, but still a variety of resorts are named. Find out which resorts made the list and why we consider these to be our ultimate favorite place to stay when visiting The Most Magical Place On Earth.
PATTY MOLITERNO, A MOTHER’S RANDOM THOUGHTS AND WDWPOV
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort because it gives me the feeling of traveling somewhere exotic. I love the attention to detail, the restaurants and the Dole Whips!
TAMMY GRAHAM, LIVING THE DISNEY DREAM
Disney’s Beach Club Villas is my favorite resort. We love the beachy-feel, the amazing pool/water park, the food offerings and the walking path to Epcot – perfection!
KIM SEGHERS, THIS OLE MOM
- Polynesian Resort King Kamehameha Club Level is my favorite. Why? I love when I step into the lobby to check in, and they place the lei around my neck, and they escort my family to our building. It makes me feel special and pampered. Just the extra pixie dust sprinkled on my family makes staying at the Poly more magical. Also, I love the beautiful views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and of the Castle from the club level lounge and the rooms. Everything about the poly including the grounds is AMAZING!!
JANICE BRADY, AN OPEN SUITCASE
Port Orleans French Quarter will always be my favorite because of the small size, which makes it an easy resort to get around. The easy and relaxing boat access to Disney Springs is important for my family since we love visiting Disney Springs multiple times during our stay to dine and shop. Colorful atmosphere and the pool make it a fun resort for everyone in the family.
MELISSA RUSSO, THE FARM GIRL GABS
- Disney’s Beach Club. I love the Yacht Club too! I love that it is located in the Epcot area. And the theming is perfect.
CARRIE HURST, A PRINCESS AND HER PIRATES
My favorite Disney Resort is the Polynesian. I love it for so many reasons! First, the theming is amazing, and I find it very relaxing. The tiki torches, landscaping, the smells….it’s all amazing. Second, the pool area is fantastic for kids and families of all ages. There is nothing like sitting poolside and seeing Cinderella Castle in the distance! There are so many amazing dining options and I find it is easy to navigate. Plus, being on the monorail is the best!
LUCY MCKENZIE, GIGGLEBOX TELLS IT LIKE IT IS
- Currently, we love Pop Century. Mostly because it’s affordable for a family on a budget and love that it has its own bus route to the parks. We love the theming and can’t wait to see the remodeled rooms.
DEVON WEAVER, MAMA CHEAPS
- Fort Wilderness – We love bringing our camper to Disney and not only enjoying super cheap lodging, but the Fort has a ton of great amenities. It’s a wonderful place to head back to for some relaxation after a busy morning or night at the Parks.
JAMIE WELCH-SCHELIN, FLORIDA’S FAMILY FUN
- That’s a hard question, but we love Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter; something about the feel of it. Plus, the kids love the pool.
LISA CAMERON, ADVENTURES IN FAMILYHOOD
- My favorite Disney Resort is Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Its location on the monorail loop makes it convenient for families. The theming of the resort is amazing. At times, you forget you are actually at Walt Disney World. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is also home to some of the best restaurants on property, such as ‘Ohana and Kona Café.
MEGAN MILLER, GINGY LOVE
- Caribbean Beach Resort because it is so close to the Boardwalk, Epcot and right now a great value if you can look past the construction.
THERESA MABE, IN SIGHT: FULL LIFE
- I have stayed in almost every Walt Disney World Resort hotel at least once, and Animal Kingdom Lodge is permanently locked at the top of my list. Walking into that lobby is such a majestic experience, and I absolutely love how they have African art, influences and knowledge throughout the resort. Every dining experience I’ve had there has been phenomenal and is there any better way to wake up in the morning than sipping coffee on the balcony while watching the wildlife wander the savanna? I would stay here every trip if I could.
EMILY, THE JOURNEY OF PARENTHOOD
- I haven’t stayed on many of the Disney Resorts, but did a getaway with my daughter at Port Orleans Riverside in the Princess themed room and LOVED IT. We had an incredible time and the room was fantastic. I’m looking forward to taking my younger daughter there next year!
ASHLEY SAUNDERS, ASHLEY & COMPANY
- Art of Animation– the theming and suites.
ANGIE RUMPF, DISNEY PARENTS
- We are local annual passholders in Orlando, so when we visit the resorts, it is usually in a “staycation“ capacity. Because our 3 children are under the age of 10, personally we enjoy the Art of Animation resort. That pool area is easily manageable for us and there is something for each of their personalities.
JANINE YOUNG, ALONG WITH THE YOUNGS
- Port Orleans Riverside – we as a family love everything about it. The charm of the resort, the pool options are great, but most notably being able to take the water taxi to Disney Springs.
JENNIFER, MY BOYS AND THEIR TOYS
- Disney’s Yacht Club because it’s clean, has great service and their pool is amazing! This is a great place for families with children. The boat access to Epcot is unique, and there’s special dining/shopping at the boardwalk that’s unique to this resort. My favorite is the beachfront view from the rooms!
ALLISON, JONES FAMILY TRAVELS
- There are so many Disney Resorts to love! Our favorite Disney Resort for the whole family is Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort. These cabins sit right on the water with spectacular views of Happily Ever After Fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant. You can even relax in the hot tub on the patio, with your favorite drink! These cabins are a retreat for the whole family, especially after the crazy days at the parks.
WHAT’S MY BEST FAVORITE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT AND WHY?
Okay – so, here’s my two cents worth!! Are you ready? My favorite resort is…Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort! I mean Dole Whips at your finger tips, fabulous restaurants, tremendous view of Happily Ever After and an island feel I have yet to experience in real life.
Pssst – Is this okay? I have to confess something here. To be honest, Hubby would actually argue my answer. While I love the Monorail resorts and the proximity to Magic Kingdom, he is pretty partial to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and how “away from everything” it is. Not to mention, he loves the restaurants and the savanna. LOL!
So, there you have it! Here’s the final breakdown:
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside ~ 2 votes
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter ~ 2 votes
- Coming in for the win ~ Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort ~ 5 votes
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort (and Villas) ~ 2 votes
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort ~ 2 votes
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge ~ 1 vote
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 1 vote
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort ~ 1 vote
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort ~ 1 vote
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 1 vote
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort ~ 1 vote
I love that we all have very different reasons to explain why we love each of our chosen resorts. For some, it’s the location or the view. For others, it’s about the convenience of certain amenities or opportunities offered for littles. Still others find that cost and theming make all the difference in the world. No matter why you select the resort hotel you do, it becomes a part of the memories you make when on a Walt Disney World Vacation.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
If you enjoy following along with Footprints in Pixie Dust, take a moment to consider subscribing to our email list! By doing so, you will keep up to date on the latest information and latest posts. You will also hear what’s coming before anyone else through our weekly newsletter. Interested?
**TO SUBSCRIBE, CLICK HERE**
BE SURE TO FOLLOW FOOTPRINTS IN PIXIE DUST ON:
- Facebook at Footprints in Pixie Dust by T.M. Brown
- Twitter at @footprintsinpd
- Instagram at @footprintsinpd
- Google +