Remember that cute little animated film whose world premiere I attended back in November? Yeah, the one with the sisters, the adorable guy who talks to reindeer, and the talking snowman? Oh, not to mention it’s the one that became the #1 animated feature of ALL TIME. Yes!! Frozen 2!! Well, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ just announced that “Frozen 2” will be coming home to melt hearts around the world on a regular basis THIS February!!!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure policy for more information.
Disney’s Frozen 2 Arrives Home Digitally Feb. 11th and on Blu-ray™ and 4K UHD™ on Feb. 25th
The follow up film to the 2013 hit Oscar®-winning Best Animated Feature, “Frozen,” will be ready for home viewing and it comes loaded with extra pixie dust! Equipped with a sing-along and more, Frozen 2 will be available on Digital in 4K Ultra HD, HD and Movies Anywhere on February 11th and ready on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD shortly after on February 25th.
Special To Me
If you follow me at all, it’s no secret that this film holds a very special place in my heart, as it was the very first Red Carpet premiere I attended. I also had the magical pleasure of being in the room during the press junket just day after the premiere in LA. I even had the opportunity to “sing” with the cast before they left the room ~ what a memory I’ll cherish forever!!!
“Frozen 2” is coming home to you fully loaded, friends! Bonus features will include a variety of deleted scenes, deleted songs, Easter eggs (everybody loves those!), outtakes and a sing-along version with lyrics to the film’s oh-so-contagious songs. Also included is an “invite” that takes fans behind-the-scenes to hear personal stories from the “Frozen 2” cast and crew detailing the making of the animated hit.
Fans who bring the film home early on Digital will receive two exclusive extras:
- You’ll get to see an interview with the genius songwriting duo, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Did you know that The Lopezes won an Oscar® for Best Original Song (“Let It Go,” 2014)? Yes, they did! They are also responsible for SEVEN – yes, that’s right, SEVEN – original songs on “Frozen 2.”
- You will also have an opportunity to hear the duo’s deleted song titled “Unmeltable Me.”
About the movie
In “Frozen 2,” the answer to why Elsa was born with magical powers is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she sets out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In “Frozen,” Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In the highly anticipated sequel, she must hope they are enough. From the Academy Award®-winning team—directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, producer Peter Del Vecho and songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez—“Frozen 2” features the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad.
Packaged just for you!
In order to ensure that families get the most out of watching the film while in the comfort of their own home, “Frozen 2” is being packaged in a variety of ways. Coming first will be the Digital version in 4K Ultra HD™, HD and SD, which will be released February 11th. This version will come with two extra bonus exclusives!!
Additionally, a Digital bundle, which includes both “Frozen” and “Frozen 2,” will be available for purchase in 4K Ultra HD™, HD and SD. Whoa – talk about a POWERFUL duo!!
Now, if you’re someone who prefers the physical copies of a film, the 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code) and a single DVD will be made available for purchase February 25th.
Boy – they want EVERYONE to have access to this film!
No matter how you “package it,” the dynamic story will be wrapped up and ready for at-home viewing before we know it!! Get that popcorn ready, friends! It’s almost time to sing along with our favorite friends from Arendelle!
Oh – and as if THAT wasn’t enough!!!
All-new toys inspired by the animated movie’s finale (we’re talking Queen Anna and Elsa the Snow Queen ~ don’t act like you didn’t know) will hit retail shelves on February 22nd. Sweet! Perfectly timed with the in-home release! That sounds pretty magical to me!
So – Let’s talk Bonus Feature Details!
Sing-Along Version of the Movie – (may vary by retailer) Blu-ray & Digital:
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments with on-screen lyrics. Songs include Oscar®-nominated “Into The Unknown,” “All Is Found,” “Some Things Never Change,” “When I Am Older,” “Lost in the Woods,” “Show Yourself,” and “The Next Right Thing”
- Outtakes – Laugh along with the cast of “Frozen 2” as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth. (This will be something I’ll enjoy watching for sure!!)
- Deleted Scenes – Check out a few scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their film-making process with scenes that didn’t make the final cut.
- Prologue – A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room – A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa’s past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream – Anna’s playful glimpse into Elsa’s dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks – Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won’t take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own – Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna’s lingering doubts about their parents’ faith in her.
But that’s not all…
- Deleted Songs – When it comes to “Frozen 2,” there can never be too much music (Dads, just give up the fight – there will be tons of singing). Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn’t make it into the final film.
- “Home” – Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- “I Wanna Get This Right” – Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, “Will it ever be just right?”
- The Spirits of “Frozen 2” – Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of “Frozen 2.”
- Did You Know??? – Olaf asks us the question “Did You Know” as we discover “Frozen 2” fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel – Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for “Frozen 2.”
- Gale Tests – They say you can’t see the wind. Only its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test – A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to “give personality to something that’s invisible.”
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test – A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
Not to mention…
- Multi-Language Reel
- “Into the Unknown” in 29 Languages – Hear Elsa’s soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages
- Music Videos – Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from “Frozen 2.”
- “Into the Unkown” (Panic! at the Disco version) – Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of “Into The Unknown” from “Frozen 2.”
- “Lost in the Woods” (Weezer version) – Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff’s epic ballad, “Lost In the Woods.”
- Meet the Lopezes – (Hey – I’ve met them in real life!!!) Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- Deleted Song “Unmeltable Me” – An animatic version of Olaf’s celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
Get ready to take home the magic of Arendelle this February!
WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS
For more Frozen 2 toys and more, click this affiliate link here: Frozen 2 Favorites
If you enjoyed my Frozen 2 review, be sure to check out these Frozen 2 posts!!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW FOOTPRINTS IN PIXIE DUST ON:
- Facebook at Footprints in Pixie Dust by T.M. Brown
- Twitter at @footprintsinpd
- Instagram at @footprintsinpd