This summer, you do not want to miss out on the biggest splash party on Walt Disney World property! Seriously, we’re talking tidal waves of “amazing,” people!!! For 25 select nights during the season, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be hosting the most electric night of fun with its H2O Glow Night celebration! Hubby and I had the opportunity to don a glowing wristband and experience the kickoff water party of the year. Check out the fun you can have when you go!
We received complimentary admission to the opening night of H2O Glow Nights as Guests of the Disney Parks Blog. This post is not otherwise sponsored, but does contain affiliate links from which I may earn a small commission to help keep this blog running smoothly. Please see my Disclosure policy for more information.
Disney’s H2O Glow Night Celebration
So, What is Disney’s H2O Glow Night?
That’s the most basic question out there, but it requires an answer. Right? Well, Disney’s H2O Glow Nights are a collection of 25 tubular events being held at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon throughout the summer of 2019. During each event, Typhoon Lagoon transforms into an electric celebration, complete with glow sticks, character meet and greets, and more!
Is there a particular theme to the party?
Yup!! This year’s theme just happens to be centered around the upcoming release of Toy Story 4, which arrives in theaters June 21st. Guests who purchase a special ticket for the water park event will have opportunity to snap selfies with various Toy Story characters (including new ones ~ wink, wink), munch om specialty food items and sip on beverages themed after the movie (both food and beverages are available for purchase, not complimentary).
What Makes the event so special?
Oh, my goodness ~ TONS!! As mentioned above, the Toy Story theme creates an atmosphere of fun in and of itself, but there is also an electric vibe that runs through the park ~ from beach to slide!
Whether dancing on the beach, enjoying the shorter lines at your favorite attractions or experiencing the most amazing waves in the ginormous Surf Pool, the night is full of possibility and excitement!
What if I get hungry?
Okay, so I get it. At some point during the evening, you may want to take a break from the water and satisfy a craving or two. No problem!! There are several quick service options at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, some of which will carry a few specialty items served only during the H2O Glow Night event.
What’s opened? Well, here’s the available list of quick service options for the event:
Okay, so what’s on the menu? (get ready ~ your mouth is about to “water”)…
- Western Beef Brisket (Leaning Palms) – Beef brisket, fingerling potatoes and baby carrots topped with pico de gallo and micro greens
- Pork Kabob (Leaning Palms) – Jicama slaw, kumquat preserves, pineapple and watermelon topped with micro greens
- Chick Kabob (Leaning Palms) – Mojo chicken, jicama slaw, kumquat preserves, pineapple and watermelon topped with micro greens
- Surfs Up Chicken Noodle Salad (Leaning Palms, Typhoon Tilly’s, Snack Shack) – Bulgogi chicken, noodle slaw and lettuce topped with sesame seeds
- Fish Out of Water (Leaning Palms) – Baked cod, coconut rice and baby bok choy topped with lemon butter and micro greens
- Cheese Party Platter (Leaning Palms, Typhoon Tilly’s) – Port Salude, smoked cheddar, fontina cheese, smoked gouda, grapes and crackers
- Bathtub Party Sundae (Happy Landings) – Vanilla ice cream, confetti cake, whipped cream and chocolate rubber ducks topped with sprinkles and served in a novelty bathtub dish
- Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Milkshake (Leaning Palms) – Cotton candy milkshake served in a novelty Woody Boot and topped with whipped cream, edible glitter, and a gummy worm (THIS SOUNDS SOOOO COOL!)
- Pineapple Soft-serve with Blue Raspberry (Typhoon Tilly’s, Snack Shack) – Pineapple soft-serve with blue raspberry slushy
And to drink? I mean, we all get thirsty!!!
Let’s start with the non-alcoholic drinks first…
- The Glowing Unicorn (Non-alcoholic; Leaning Palms) –Non-alcoholic violet colada with a glow cube, rainbow whipped cream, edible shimmer glitter and a twist candy lollipop
- Tropical Flash Lemonade (Non-alcoholic; Leaning Palms) – Tropical smoothie mix with Odwalla Lemonade and a glow cube
- Strawberry Glow Lemonade (Non-alcoholic; Leaning Palms, High and Dry) – Strawberry smoothie mix with Odwalla Lemonade and a glow cube
- Buzz Blaster (Non-alcoholic; Leaning Palms) – Sprite and green apple popping pearls served with a Buzz Lightyear glow clip (we have one of these, they are adorable and so fun!!)
And for the adults…..
- Galactic Lemonade (Alcoholic; Let’s Go Slurpin’, Fred’s Dive Bar) – Blueberry vodka, blue curaçao, Odwalla Lemonade and pomegranate juice topped with Sprite and a glow cube
- Party Time Tea (Alcoholic; Let’s Go Slurpin’) – Tennessee whiskey, sweet tea and lemonade with a glow cube
- Dream Disco Float (Alcoholic; Happy Landings) – Hard orange soda, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and edible glitter
- Adult Root Beer Disco Float (Alcoholic; Happy Landings) – Hard root beer, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and edible glitter
- Elysian DayGlow IPA Draft (Alcoholic; High and Dry)
- Brut de Peche Champagne (Alcoholic; Fred’s Dive Bar) – Served in a LED Champagne
- Glow Fusion Punch (Alcoholic; Leaning Palms) – Vodka and fruit-based liqueur with grenadine and pineapple juice topped with rainbow popping pearls
- Green Glowrita (Alcoholic; Leaning Palms) – Tequila, Granny Smith Apple syrup and sour mix topped with blueberry popping pearls
Is there anything special to purchase as a “keepsake”?
Of course! Do you really think that Disney Parks would rob you of the chance to walk away with something only available during a special event like this? Naaaahhh!
- Light-up Popcorn Bucket – Main Change Popcorn Cart
- H2O Glow Nights Light-up Souvenir Cup – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Alien Light-up Souvenir Cup – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Light-up Champagne Glass – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Glow Cubes – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Buzz Lightyear Glow Clip – Leaning Palms
- Woody Boot – Leaning Palms
- Bathtub Party Sundae – Happy Landings
And don’t forget the specialty merch!!! (why did I not get pictures?!?!)
- H2O Glow Nights Tumbler
- H2O Glow Nights T-Shirt
So, Let’s Talk Our Own Personal Experience
Hubby and I had the splash-tastic opportunity to attend the kickoff event of the season as guests of the Disney Parks Blog. A contest was held a short time before and DPB selected the winners, who received complimentary admission to the water park at a certain time during the day. It was an honor to attend the event hosted by such a magical crew of characters!
The party kicked off at 8 PM with a gathering over on the beach in front of the Surf Pool. Whenever Disney Parks Blog hosts an event, it’s customary to commemorate the moment with a group photo! Mark Daniels was there to amp up the excitement and we’re talking increased energy, mega fun and tons of surprises!
Oh, yeah! Let’s not forget that we were surprised with an extra special appearance by Mark Walsh, the director of the Pixar animated short, Partysaurus Rex!!!!!
The Night Was a Total Blast!
The entire evening was literally a ginormous beach party! We had CJ the DJ managing the tunes while Guests danced the night away on the sand with brightly dressed Cast Members grooving right along.
While I enjoyed gathering with my friends for the group photo, Hubby watched the insides of his eyelids for a few short minutes before we decided to roam around the park a little. We were going to be up past his bedtime, so he wanted to make sure he could make it through.
As the night went on, we met up with various friends and grabbed a bite to eat over at Leaning Palms with a few of them.
Hubby and I shared the Cuban Burger and fries, which was actually really good considering it had ham on it.
I honestly never thought to put a slice of ham on a burger.
While we shared our food, we chose to grab our own individual specialty drinks. Hubby loves a good margarita, so he had no trouble choosing his poison. He went with the Glow-rita, while I went with something a little sweeter and had the Glow Fusion Punch.
Time to Relax a Little More
After filling our bellies, we decided to make our way over to Castaway Creek, where the four of us (Hubby, me and our two friends) enjoyed a leisurely jaunt around the 2000 foot long journey encircling the park. We laughed along the scenic route as the current carried us under roped bridges, through shady grottoes and by lush rainforest landscapes.
Unfortunately, I did not take my camera with me for this attraction, so I did not capture the fun on film. (I know, I’m sad, too).
Time to Catch a Wave!
As soon as we exited the relaxing calm of Castaway Creek, we made our crazy way into the Surf Pool to take on the enormous 6 foot swells before ending the night!
This is honestly one of the highlights of this particular themed water park. Once you hear the thunderous “sonic boom” coming from the back wall, gentle waves turn into big kahunas. We joined the throngs of Guests who watched over their shoulders as the excitement level increased with the nearing of the cresting waves. Before we knew it, we were being carried closer and closer to shore by the sheer force of the water.
IT WAS AH-MAZING!!!
Note: Please pay attention to your surroundings. If you can, make sure you have scouted out the area in front of you before catching the wave. There is always the potential for slamming into someone’s backend or head if you’re not careful. I speak from experience (ahem).
DID YOU KNOW??: Guests can sign up for surf lessons at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon!! Yup!! These lessons happen in the park on select days For more information, click here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/surf-lessons/
So, here’s the H2O Glow Night Recap!
Well, I’m glad you asked! The H2O Glow Night celebrations are being held every Thursday and Saturday between May 30th through August 24th, 2019. There is ONE EXCEPTION ~ the party will NOT be held on June 20th. (Why? I have no clue at the given moment, but that’s what I’ve been told).
For those who like lists, here are the dates the celebration will take place:
- May 30, 2019
- June 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 22, 27 and 29, 2019
- July 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 and 27, 2019
- August 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22 and 24, 2019
The party will begin at 8:00 PM and run all the way until 11:00 PM (Guests with event tickets may arrive early, beginning at 6:00 PM).
Okay – tell me how much do these special event tickets cost
Event tickets are $59 per person (plus tax) for adults and $54 per person (plus tax) for children ages 3 to 9. This is when the tickets are purchased in advance. Remember that you can enter the park at 6 pm with a purchased event ticket, giving you extra time to enjoy all the park has to offer.
Now, if you decide to wait and purchase your ticket on the day of the event, the ticket price does increase to $69 per person (plus tax) for adults and $64 per person (plus tax) for children.
However, something cool? Tickets are NOT required for children under age 3.
Important to keep these tidbits of info in mind:
- In order to attend this event, Guests are required to purchase a separate ticket valid only during the specific dates and hours noted above.
- Tickets for this event are available online.
- The number of tickets available for each event is limited and tickets are only valid for the specific event date and hours.
- Please note that tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable, nor can they be resold.
- Any of the above entertainment offerings are subject to change without notice.
- Remember that you are visiting Florida and water parks are subject to weather closures. (it’s for your own safety).
So, who is ready to get their glow on and attend one of these H2O Glow Night events??? Hubby and I had a blast and are now hooked on these water parks! Disney does it right ~ keeping it clean, keeping it themed and keeping it MAGICAL!!!