(#OrlandoBroadwaySeries) I am soooo jealous! I have friends who have seen HAMILTON in New York, Chicago and Fort Lauderdale. In fact, I even have a friend who just saw it in Puerto Rico WITH LIN-MANUAL MIRANDA at the helm! Honestly, I’m thrilled to pieces that they were all able to cross it off their bucket lists!! I’m just starting to feel a little behind the curve because I have yet to see this brilliant theatrical masterpiece. Perhaps you do, too? Well, guess what ~ there is STILL a chance. Did you know that there is a lottery being held offering opportunities to purchase up to two tickets for $10 a pop? When I heard it was opened for the performances at the Dr. Phillips Center ~ oh, my friends, I was ALL over that!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure policy for more information.
~ HAMILTON AT THE DR. PHILLIPS CENTER ~
As the press release says,
“HAMILTON is in the house!”
I’m sure there is a good number of you – like myself – who have tons of questions, so I figured I could give you a rundown of what I know as an influencer in the Orlando area.
“HAMILTON is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.”
Okay, okay ~ that was something most likely everybody knew.
Here’s the scoop on the Broadway musical’s national tour as it takes the stage at the Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando.
- HAMILTON will be running at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts January 22nd through February 10, 2019.
- Tickets ARE currently on sale. Guests are advised to check the official HAMILTON channels and drphillipscenter.org for late release seats which may become available at short notice. Now, things you NEED to know:
- drphillipscenter.org or the Bill and Mary Darden Box Office at the Dr. Phillips Center is the only authorized seller of tickets.
- The box office is open two hours prior to curtain for each show.
- All sales are final.
- Late release tickets may be available throughout the run. Always check back at drphillipscenter.org
- Participate in the Digital Lottery for a chance at $10 tickets. Curious how that works? See below for details.
For more tips on how to make your visit to the Dr. Phillips enjoyable, click here.
Digital Lottery Details
Producer Jeffrey Seller and the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced a Digital Lottery for HAMILTON tickets that began in conjunction with the show’s first performance (January 22nd) in Orlando at the Dr. Phillips Center. There will be forty (40) tickets sold for every performance for $10 each. The Digital Lottery opened at 11:00 AM ET on Sunday, January 20th for tickets to the Tuesday, January 22nd performance. Subsequent Digital Lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance.
For those of you NOT in the Orlando area, be on the lookout for lotteries happening at a national tour performance near you!!
Now, to enter the digital lottery, here’s what you have to do:
- Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/
lottery to register.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 AM ET two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance. Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided). Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable.
Let’s just say you HAVE tickets or actually WIN the opportunity to purchase tickets…
Here’s what you need to know about arriving at the theater in Orlando:
- Area parking garages are available, as is valet at the Dr. Phillips Center.
- Due to high traffic, plan to arrive to downtown an hour before curtain – for instance, on January 27th, the Pro Bowl, Marc Anthony and two shows of HAMILTON are happening downtown. Wow – yeah….PLAN AHEAD!
- Dr. Phillips Center lobbies open an hour and a half before curtain and have seating, snacks and lite bites (oh, they are yummy!). There’s even a specialty cocktail for the run of HAMILTON called The Capital.
“Launching April 2019 in Chicago, HAMILTON: THE EXHIBITION will take visitors deeper into the life and times of Alexander Hamilton through the immersive exhibit featuring a dynamic, interactive mix of in-depth scenography, lighting, sound, multimedia, music, and an audio tour narrated by Mr. Miranda. For more information and to sign up to be the first to receive news and ticket sales alerts about HAMILTON: THE EXHIBITION, please visit hamiltonexhibition.com.”
Love the Music from Hamilton?
My kids do!! Oh, my goodness…they know EVERY SINGLE WORD (well, almost). The HAMILTON Original Broadway Cast Recording is available everywhere nationwide. In fact, did you know that the HAMILTON recording received a 2016 Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album? Yup – it sure did!
Still craving more info on HAMILTON?
You can visit any of the following:
So, congratulations to all of you who HAVE seen HAMILTON and those of you who are going to see it in the future. The theater is a fabulous place to make some memories, soak up some culture and enjoy spectacular talent. Whether you’ll be seeing it at the Dr. Phillips Center or elsewhere during the national tour, there is no doubt you are in for a treat. I honestlly cannot wait to hear what you think. Who knows ~ maybe I’ll be lucky enough to “win the lottery” and see it myself. Right??
“I’m not throwing away my shot!!!” Not yet, at least.
**all photos provided by Dr. Phillips Center
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
If you enjoy following along with Footprints in Pixie Dust, take a moment to consider subscribing to our email list! By doing so, you will keep up to date on the latest information and latest posts. You will also hear what’s coming before anyone else through our weekly newsletter. Interested?